Nurole has launched an Africa division to meet the rising demand for board and executive-level searches in the region. Here we assess the major trends driving investment and global interest across Africa, find out what the main challenges are for board and executive-level hiring, and hear why Nurole is uniquely positioned to execute these searches for clients and candidates
Why Africa, and why now?
Africa is one of the most dynamic markets in the world and presents exciting opportunities for businesses and executives to drive future development. While uncertainty and turmoil in the developed markets deepens, global investment in the African continent remains robust. Despite a global decline in foreign direct investment in 2018, for example, flows to the continent rose by 11% to $45 billion. A number of factors contribute to investor confidence in the region:
- The demographics are ideal. Africa has the world’s youngest and fastest growing population, set to reach 1.3 billion people by 2030.
- The ratification of the African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement (AfCFTA) signed in 2018, facilitates trade between 54 member states with a combined market of $2.2 trillion.
- The creation of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation in 2018, which has a foreign investment budget of $60 billion and a mandate to make equity investments in developing nations, with a focus on Africa.
A growing global interest in impact investing also contributes to investments in the region. As global wealth transfers from older to younger generations, mission-driven investors are directing their money to social enterprises and responsible businesses throughout Africa. While not all investments in the region are classified as impact, this major trend puts a spotlight on the continent for new and eager investors, entrepreneurs, and business leaders. Click here to read more about our Impact Sector.
RELATED: Africa case study example | Datatec
Why Nurole is uniquely positioned to connect boards with candidates in Africa
The African continent is huge and complex, and the need for best-in-class governance is growing across the continent. Nurole’s candidate-led approach is uniquely positioned to help connect candidates to exciting board and executive level positions across the globe.
Through our invitation-only board-level membership base, and our members’ recommendations, the power of the 'network effect' means the Nurole platform unearths talent that would never be discovered through traditional means.
We combine the local with the global by working with an active network of Africa-region ambassadors made up of executives and industry leaders, ensuring we leave no stone unturned for every search. We have a dedicated Africa team, and our Head of Africa has extensive experience in the region
Many places in Africa are hard to access both geographically and technologically. Therefore, reach, cost, and speed are essential for searches in this region. Our unique model delivers much more effectively than traditional search:
- Cost: By utilising technology and a network approach, we execute searches at a fraction of the traditional cost
- Speed: Our data-driven approach connects the right candidates to the right roles faster and more accurately that traditional headhunting processes.
- Reach: For every role we work on, we leverage our technology and 30,000 global members to crowdsource tailored recommendations and find potential candidates across geographical and sector boundaries.
We are on a mission to promote best-in-class governance on African boards, and to empower more African leaders to join global boards.
What kinds of organisations are you working with?
We work with corporates, non-profit organisations, private equity and venture capital firms and their African portfolio companies, foundations, government organisations, and impact funds or enterprises.
Get in touch with our Africa team
Our Head of Africa Sector, Grace Thomas, can be reached at email@example.com or on +44 203 637 1012.
Alternatively, please complete the form below if you are interested in speaking to a member of the Africa team at Nurole about board hiring or about individual membership to the Nurole Network.